AIA New Jersey Emerging Professional Community
We are looking for members who are interested in becoming the 2017 Vice Chair and Section Directors within our Emerging Professionals Community [EPiC], which consists of architecture school graduates, AIA Associate members, and AIA members licensed for 10 years or less.
Our mission is to promote the professional growth of emerging architects and support local communities through advocacy, education, and service. Through consistent communication and coordination between the state committee and local sections throughout New Jersey, EPiC provides programming, events, and service opportunities for our members to have fun while building relationships, developing leadership skills, and increasing emerging professional’s involvement within the profession.
The Vice Chair position has a term of two years. One year as Vice Chair followed by one year as Chair. Responsibilities of the position include:
– Assisting the Chair with responsibilities, coordination and planning
– Organizing the monthly teleconference with the state EPiC Committee
– Updating website and helping to create monthly newsletters
The Section Director position has a term of one year. Responsibilities of the position include:
– Promote the EPiC mission within your local AIA NJ section
– Attend a monthly teleconference with the state EPiC Committee
– Participation in one or more committees chaired by the state At-Large Directors – Add to the social media platforms used by EPiC
As a newly revived community within the AIA, EPiC provides a great opportunity to shape the emerging professional programming at both the section and state level. Such programming includes:
Hill Day: Advocacy training and meetings with New Jersey legislators
ARE Seminars: Courses to help you pass the licensing exams
Service Opportunities: Design small impactful projects in local communities Leadership Training: Improve your skills and promote member involvement
Please submit a letter of interest by e-mail to [email protected] by October 7, 2016 (500
words). Be sure to include your AIA NJ section in your letter. Although not we will accept up to two letters of support.
We look forward to your interest.
Jessica O’Donnell, AIA 2016 EPiC Chair