AIA New Jersey (AIANJ) is more important than ever as our country is going through transitions. Our profession has been respected by all because of our values and our commitment to improve the built environment. It is important for us to represent our membership to support or to defend these values.
AIA National has released 2017 Statement of our Values, AIA NJ is united in support of the national statement:
In it we state our priorities:
- We stand for equity and human rights,
- We stand for architecture that strengthens our communities,
- We stand for a sustainable future,
- We stand for protecting communities from the impact of climate change,
- We stand for economic opportunity,
- We stand for investing in the future, and
- We speak up, and policymakers listen.
AIA New Jersey
AIA NJ has our professional values that echoes the AIA National statement. As licensed Architects we are all working to advance the quality of life of built environment and protect the health, safety and welfare of the public. We also has our values formulated through the efforts of our PROFESSIONAL Committees. The following are the values and programs specifically developed in AIA NJ:
- Sustainable Environment
- Health & Wellness
- Historic Resources
- Homeland Security
- Diversity & Women in Architecture
As we set our ADVOCACY agenda and priorities for 2017, the above values statement for AIA and AIA NJ are the most important issues for our MEMBERS.
Therefore, it is important that the Communication, Public Awareness, Legislative & Government Affairs and Membership committees all working toward the same goals.
Ben P. Lee,
AIA NJ President