AIA New Jersey (AIANJ) and Architects League of Northern New Jersey (ALNNJ) hosted the Annual Inauguration and Awards Gala Saturday evening at the Sheraton in Mahwah, NJ. The event gathered architects and allied professions along with their families to celebrate architecture and swear in the incoming boards of both organizations.
2017 AIANJ President Ben Lee, AIA, and 2015 ALNNJ President Paul Bryan, AIA, welcomed and toasted to a successful 2016 and for a prosperous 2017 ahead.
Architects League of Northern NJ presented the following awards and installed their 2017 Officers:
ALNNJ Trustee Awards
– Matthew A. Fink, AIA
– Todd M. Hause, AIA
– Joseph E. David, AIA
ALNNJ Vegliante Memorial Award
– R. Terry Durden, AIA
AIA New Jersey made presentations to the 2016 Service Award winners and the 2016 Design Award winners.
AIANJ Service Awards
– Intern Architect of the Year Megan Pritts, Associate AIA
– Young Architect of the Year Andrew Burian, AIA
– Architect of the Year Paul Barlo, AIA
– Architectural Firm of the Year Kimmerle Group
– Distinguished Service Award Michael J. Hanrahan, AIA
AIANJ 2016 Design Awards
– 93 Reade Street • CTS
– Biotrial North America Headquarters • Francis Cauffman
– Brendan Iribe Center for Computer Science & Innovation • HDR
– Guerrilla Fitness • Solid and Void
– Holly Pointe Commons, Rowan University • Erdy McHenry Architects
– MD Anderson Cancer Center • HDR
– NJ Insitute for Food Nutrition and Health • Ballinger
– Olympic Archery Park • ikon.5 architects
– Pinbright Institute • HDR
– Porcelanosa • CTS
– Prosepct Avenue House • Joseph Hobart Weiss
– The Unitarian Church Expansion • ikon.5 architects
– Village House • Stonewater Architects
The new Regional Representative Bruce Turner, AIA, installed the 2017 AIANJ officers. Outgoing Regional Representative Robert Cozzarelli, AIA, was honored for his service to the organization as well as other past presidents in attendance.