Please be advised that, pursuant to the State Planning Act, the State Planning Commission will be conducting six public hearings in order to receive testimony on the draft Final State Strategic State Plan: New Jersey’s State Development and Redevelopment Plan and the draft Infrastructure Needs Assessment, N.J.S.A. 52:18A-202(c).
The State Planning Commission will convene six public hearings as follows:
- February 13, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. Presentation, 7:00 p.m. Public Hearing, Richard Stockton College, Campus Center Theatre, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway, NJ 08205-9441
- February 16, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. Presentation, 7:00 p.m. Public Hearing, Offices of Government Service, Gloucester County Clayton Complex, Building A, 1200 N. Delsea Drive, Clayton, NJ 08312
- February 23, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. Presentation, 7:00 p.m. Public Hearing, North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority, One Newark Center, 17th Floor, NJTPA Conference Room, Newark, NJ 07102
- February 27, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. Presentation, 7:00 p.m. Public Hearing, Frelinghuysen Arboretum, Haggerty Center, 353 East Hanover Avenue, Morris Township, NJ 07962
- February 28, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. Presentation, 7:00 p.m. Public Hearing, Monmouth University, Bey Hall, 400 Cedar Avenue, West Long Branch, NJ 07764-1898
- March 1, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. Presentation, 7:00 p.m. Public Hearing, Rutgers University EcoComplex, 1200 Florence Columbus Road, Bordentown, NJ 08505
In the event of inclement weather resulting in a canceled hearing, the following date(s) have been reserved: March 6, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. Rutgers University, Civic Square Building, Collage Avenue Campus, Special Events Forum Room, 33 Livingston Avenue, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 and March 21, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. State House Annex, Committee Room 1, 125 West State Street, Trenton, NJ 08625.
Interested parties may submit written comments to the State Planning Commission via the Office for Planning Advocacy regarding the draft Final State Development and Redevelopment Plan and the draft Infrastructure Needs Assessment at any time up to 30 days after the last public hearing is conducted, N.J.A.C. 5:85-5.3. Submission of written comments may also be directed to the State Planning Commission at [email protected]
A copy of the draft Final State Strategic Plan: New Jersey’s State Development and Redevelopment Plan and its supporting documents are available for public inspection at the New Jersey Department of State, Office for Planning Advocacy, 225 West State Street, Trenton, New Jersey 08625-0820, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The draft Final State Strategic Plan: New Jersey’s State Development and Redevelopment Plan and its supporting documents are also available electronically on the Office for Planning Advocacy’s website at http://www.state.nj.us/state/planning/plan-draft-final.html.
Questions or concerns, should be directed to Dr. Gerry Scharfenberger, Ph.D., Director State of New Jersey, Department of State, Office for Planning Advocacy, at (609) 633-8301 or via e-mail at [email protected]
Similar to the Energy Master Plan (EMP), the State Plan Hearings will have relevant information and an affect on the architectural community and sustainability. Jason Kliwinski, AIA, plans to attend the 3/1 hearing at the Rutgers Eco-Complex. But, there are a number of hearings scheduled around the State in February that others may wish to attend. As was done for the EMP, AIA New Jersey will prepare an assessment and comments and submit them on behalf of the organization. Individual members are encouraged to attend the public hearings and, if they chose, submit their own comments.