AIA Selects Top Ten Green Projects
The AIA its Committee on the Environment, COTE, have selected the top ten examples of sustainable architecture and green design solutions that protect and enhance the environment. The projects will be honored at the AIA 2011 National Convention and Design Exposition in New Orleans.
See photos and details online.
2011 Top Ten Award Winners
For information on the ten measures and supporting metrics used to evaluate the entries, see the Top Ten Metrics View.
– Cherokee Studios (Brooks + Scarpa) Los Angeles, CA
– First Unitarian (The Kubala Washatko Architects, Inc.) Madison, WI
– Greensburg Schools (BNIM) Greensburg, KS
– High Tech High Chula Vista (Studio E Architects) Chula Vista, CA
– Livestrong Foundation (Lake|Flato) Austin, TX
– LOTT Building (The Miller Hull Partnership) Olympia, WA
– OS House Racine (Johnsen Schmaling Architects) Racine, WI
– Research Support NREL (RNL) Golden, CO
– Step Up on 5th (Brooks + Scarpa) Santa Monica, CA
– Vancouver Convention Center West (LMN Architects) Vancouver, British Columbia
AIA New Jersey is hosting it’s Inaugural AIA-NJ Top Ten, to find out more information on how to enter your New Jersey project (or if you are an architect in NJ) see entry guidelines. Entry deadline is May 31, 2011.